Sunday, November 29, 2009

America’s Only Humor and Video Site, Since 1958 (Media Meditation #6)

Whenever I’m bored, I check out CRACKED.com. This website is a goldmine of useless information and funny articles and videos. I love visiting this site because there’s something new every day. I especially love their web series, Agents of Cracked, which stars my two favorite columnists/video makers from the site, Michael Swaim and Daniel O’Brien.

CRACKED has a few regular columnists, but it supports a personal shift by allowing readers to submit their own articles for publication and participate in contests. They focus on Photoshop contests, with such topics as The World of Tomorrow (If the Internet Disappeared Today).


Entry in this contest above.

This site thrives on the persuasive technique of humor. The goal of the entire site is to make people laugh with their absurd topics and clever writing. Of course, some are better than others, but a lot of the articles are stuffed with genuine historical content.

There is definitely a discursive shift occurring within this websites. Much of it is opinion-based and highly disputable (but I wouldn’t disagree with their assessment of Twilight).

I love that this website has a healthy combination of words and images. They have videos, but also lengthy articles to browse. The epistemological shift has reached a pleasant equilibrium on this site.

This is one of my favorite videos on this site. It's all about digg and the exposure gained by utilizing a media outlet like that:

No comments:

Post a Comment